Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nice tests

A few years ago, I took a class that was about choosing a career. My goals in this class were to explore career possibilities within a field of interest, and to discover more about myself. I had to list the work values that were most important to me at that time. The work values that were and still are important to me are to: help society, to work with others, to influence others, to have knowledge, to have a job that will lead me to personal growth, to be able to use creativity, to have stability and security, to have excitement, to be able to make good money, to be able to work near my home, to be able to have fun, to have a career that allows me to advance, to be able to be productive, to have achievement, and to work in a clean environment. I also had to list the skills that were important. The work skills that are still most important to me are: to analyze, to compile, to compare, to mentor, to negotiate, and to convince. I think I speak well, I give good advice, and I am a good problem solver. The specific skills that I have are that I know how to use the computer, I am patient, I am detail oriented, and I am bilingual. The special accommodations that I need to consider are: a computer that has a screen reader program, and a scanner with an OCR program. The things that I like to do are: Reading, listening to music, watching shows that have to do with history, crime investigation, political debate, and religious shows. I also like to listen to radio shows that talk about the same subjects described above. The classes that have interested me more are: broadcasting one and three and geology 1. The classes in which I have made my best grades are: English 23, speech three, and in a music class. The thing that I have liked about a job experience that I have had is that I have been able to make a bit of money, and that I have been able to interact with people. If you have taken a personality test, you already know about the following. If you have never taken one, there are 16 personality types. There are different codes witch, come close to describing who you are. This is mine. My personality code is INFJ. It implies that I am caring, and that I could be a teacher among other things. There is a test which is called the strong test, and it measures your personality based on the answers that a person gave when taking the test. Also, it will give you career suggestions based on other factors. The strong said that my Theme Code is S. My strongest career interest is helping others. It also said that I am outgoing, I am Concerned for others, I am humanistic, I am Verbal, and I am Generous. My Results Show I Have High Interest In: Public Speaking, Persuading, or influencing people. The careers that I might like are: Bacteriologist, Biomedical researcher, Ecologist, Zoologist, and Elementary School Teacher. Out of the careers that they listed, I only like three. They are: foreign language teacher, interpreter, and Linguist. According to bridges.com, this is how I am and the careers that I chose among the 100 career choices. Historian
Interpreter/Translator, Archivist, radio/TV Announcer. The following is an Interest Profile. Your Top Interest Areas. Does this sound like you? Artistic: Artistic: You are a "Creator". You enjoy art of all types, including drama, music, literature, poetry. You like using your imagination and creativity. You prefer working in unstructured environments. You have a need to express yourself. You may describe yourself as sensitive or emotional. Investigative: You are a "Thinker". You enjoy observing, learning, evaluating. You like the challenge of thinking through problems. You prefer working on your own. You often use science and math in problem solving. You may describe yourself as inventive and original. So, there you have it, this is who I am. Try these things out. Go to a college, and please take a class like this one. I am interested to know what you think.

No comments: