Friday, June 20, 2008

Insulting is bad

Cursing is bad because it hurts other people. People talking back, or people crying, are two signs. I do not believe in that phrase of sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Words hurt. Even if you are not insulting the person directly, just saying a word could mean that you have something against people. For example, when someone uses the word retard, to refer to one of his or her friends, they are still insulting the group that may be that way. Furthermore, calling people these names does not accomplish anything good. The person who was insulted may feel unwanted. Insulting other people is not nice because it could mean that the person, who was insulted, is worse than the person that insulted him or her. Some time ago, I believed that the words that come out of someone’s mouth could let someone know a lot about that person. I still believe this. If you use filthy language, probably, this is the way your hart and your soul are. We have so many beautiful words in the English language and in other languages, that we should not have to use those words. I hear people speak about love, peace, and how they want this, but they still use profanity. What is loving or peaceful about the bad words that start with: s, f, t, n, b, and so many others? Absolutely nothing! I believe that there is no excuse to use this language.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Daniel I just read or blog and It was nice, could you tell me the meaning of "insulting other people" in spanich please???
I still learning english, hehe
the meaning would be: "Insultando a otras personas"???
ok, have a nice week

daniel said...

Yes, Good job