Friday, July 4, 2008

fixing a problem

I found a letter in the LA times that proposed two solutions so our government could fix the economic problems. I will discuss the first one which is to raise taxes. According to the writer, “if we want good schools, a decent infrastructure, healthcare,
Libraries, law enforcement, youth programs and other services that make for a livable, thriving society, we have to pay for them.” He also states that this is going to require some sacrifices, but the challenges that are ahead of us are big and, “will not be solved on the cheap.”
I agree with the author. I think this argument has strength because some if not most of the things that we buy, are unnecessary. For Example, big TV’s, alcohol, and cigarettes. Some could say that this is not going to help or if it does, it is not going to be enough. I think that something is better than nothing.
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/letters/la-le-tuesday19feb19,0,5409963,full.story

No comments: