Sunday, October 19, 2008

Exciting day - or so I thought.

Yesterday, I went to pick up a friend at another friend’s house. After walking for a block or two, and getting something to eat,my helper and I finally got to the bus stop. I was already tired. This is because it too hot. To my right, there was a woman with a child, and to my left there was a radio playing RNB. A few minutes later, I heard this man saying, “Leave me alone.” He also said that he did not want to be bothered. As he kept on talking, his words started getting to me because he was cursing. I also heard that he was the one with the radio. The woman kept asking the child to not look at something. Well, it got too much when the man started looking at us. At this point, my helper called the police. My helper described the man as African American. He had a back pack and a small radio. He was dressed in black. When the bus came, the police had not arrived. If they ever did, I don’t know. When the doors of the bus opened, there was a discussion going on between the bus driver and another woman. I thought we were not going to be able to get on the bus because this woman was almost screaming. I am glad that we got in. The first thing I heard when I got on the bus was, “you need a man.” This is what the woman told the bus driver. We sat all the way back. The men were talking about it, and they wanted her out. When we thought that some peace had finally come, the woman started again, but she lowered her voice. I have experienced several cases like these two. Sometimes I wonder if these people are mentally ill. I just hope that they increase the money for psych wards. I hope they are not closing any because we need them.

No comments: