Thursday, January 24, 2008

who I am part 1

I have always liked to read. One of the first books that I read was on Abraham Lincoln. After I read this and the stories of other people, I felt that I had at least one thing in commun with people I read about. Although I knew that not all the people that I read about were real, I understood them. Some of the stories that I read, broke my hart. When I started to listen to real life stories on the radio and TV, I started to ask myself a lot of questions. I wanted answers. so, I read more books, and I talked to Jesus to see what he told me. I started to get the answers to the many questions I had. I started to take the good from these books and reject all the bad. I did not know that in a few years I was going to help a lot of people by just talking to them. After they were done, I was able to say words that helped them. I did not know when or how it happend. All I did was read and pray. I always missed two or three days out of the school week. Sometimes, I did not go at all. As I look back at those days when I started to read, I think that reading about other people helped me to be more kind and loving to others. It was the story of Jesus that changed my life for ever. because of him, I started to forgive people. I found out that the more damage they did to me, the more I wanted them to change and find christ as I did. Yes, it is hard to still love A person after he or she has treated another human being so bad. I learned to do it by reading books and putting my self in the situations that the carachters were in and by talking to god. I was able to follow the footsteps of some of these people.
Finding who I really am was not easy and I am still not done. every day I learn something new. I have to fall , so, every time I get up, I could become stronger. I think That is the key to know who you really are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully put Daniel! I truly can relate to what your saying, finding myself has been an extreme challenge that has me questioning myself about a lot of things that have gone on in my LIFE. i even question why left is left and why right is right. all jokes aside the Key ingresient that you mentioned in this particular blog was obviously. The resounding name of the KING of all king's JESUS CHRIST. having the privilege to also be called one of GOD's children can sometimes be overwhelming and flaborgasting, but JESUS's love for us all can fill voids that we'll never be able to fill on our own. Great Blog can't wait for part 2.
Jason.....